Contractual Consultation and Assistance
SDQS contractual consultation and assistance service provides value to a client, architect, main contractor or subcontractor in the following ways :
- Understanding our clients’ businesses – in terms of the contractual, technical and operational issues
- Providing solutions that are auditable, robust and able to withstand scrutiny
- Applying our collective knowledge and experience gained from other sectors of industry
- Carefully considering and applying appropriate commercial and contractual measures such as claim strategy, risk management and dispute avoidance.
- Adopting appropriate measures to avoid confrontation when presenting our results (e.g. negotiations with key clients)
- Achieving transparency with clients whilst maintaining each client’s commercial and legal confidentiality
- Arbitration and litigation support can also be provided in terms of assisting with the disclosure process, advising on specific evidence requirements and financial risk analysis.
Dispute Management and Resolution
SDQS recognises that clients benefit from avoiding disputes and we always seek to secure the most economically beneficial resolution of any contentious issues that may arise.
SDQS also appreciates however, that clients are often required to make or defend formal submissions in order to protect their rights. SDQS’ experience of construction contracts and dispute resolution procedures allows it to effectively advise its clients on the most suitable method of resolving their disputes.
- Any other building contracts you have signed.
SDQS often provide reliable advice and support in relation to contractual matters affecting construction contracts.
SDQS regularly reviews contract terms and conditions on behalf of its clients in order to identify areas of risk and opportunity.
SDQS is also experienced at drafting bespoke conditions of contract aimed at protecting each client’s commercial and contractual interest.
SDQS’ consultants are all experienced in the preparation of claims for extensions of time; loss and/or expense; damages; disruption, and; variations.
SDQS also regularly assesses and defends claims made against its clients and is skilled in the art of claims negotiation.
Many contracts impose strict procedural requirements upon the parties which must be met if compensation is to be successfully claimed, or if speculative claims are to be successfully defended. SDQS’ understanding of contractual mechanisms enables it to manage its clients’ compliance with required procedures in order to safeguard their rights
Contact us now to safeguard your project.
Book a free consultation today.
SDQS is a multi-discipline construction consultancy that offers a versatile and comprehensive portfolio of Professional Quantity Surveying services to all sectors of the construction industry. Our services are provided in both the Traditional and Online platforms.